Where can I find the nursing books?
If you would like to find the circulating nursing books (books you can check out)...
- BROWSE the R/RT section on the 5th floor of Haas Library for circulating books (monographs, textbooks, handbooks, guides, etc.). Note that the R class encompasses all medical topics, with the RT class focusing on the field of nursing.
If you would like to look at nursing reference sources such as dictionaries, encyclopedias, drug guides, etc...
- BROWSE R/RT reference section on 1st floor of Haas Library (note that for very current information, online databases often do a better job).
Seeking but not finding?
Search CONSULS, the online catalog for WCSU and all the CSU libraries.
Tips for searching for nursing print and electronic books in CONSULS:
1. Reference Books
- A keyword search including the terms "encyclopedia," "dictionary," "handbook," etc. AND topic words such as "nursing," "cancer," "drugs," etc. will effectively limit your search to reference sources.
- Other keywords that can be used to limit to reference sources include: "manual," "guidebook," "guide," "statistics," "atlas," "reference," "terms," "abbreviations," "directory," "source book," "bibliography," "index."
2. Circulating "Monograph" Books
- Use your research vocabulary and the Boolean AND, OR, NOT to run a keyword search or subject heading search. Be careful when running a subject heading search, as CONSULS uses Library of Congress subject headings, not CINAHL headings, which are specific to the field of nursing.