Q. Where is Archives and Special Collections?
The Special Collections Library's holdings include:
- monographs, and audio-visual materials that pertain to the history of Connecticut and Danbury to supplement primary source materials in the Archives
- spoken word, opera and other classical music phonograph recordings
- a portion of the original monograph holdings of the Danbury Normal School's library
- monographs authored/created by WCSU faculty, students and alumni
- rare/antique books and other objects donated to the Haas Library or Special Collections that are deemed to be 1) of significant artifactual value and 2) to be unique and essential to support the research needs of the University and the mission of the Archive; and library holdings of significant value to warrant special treatment.
There are approximately 3200 cataloged titles currently held in the Special Collections Library that range in publication date from 1626 to the present. There are three main groups of book materials: Connecticut Room, Rare Books and Facsimiles.